A Beginner’s Guide to the Packing District in Downtown Anaheim
For the past several years, one of the most iconic and popular entertainment and dining destinations in downtown Anaheim has been the Anaheim Packing District. It’s a great place for passing the time, whether it’s all day long or from the early evening well into the night. Open daily at 9:00 a.m. for breakfast, The Packing House used to be a Sunkist citrus processing facility, and in 2014 was reopened as a food hall market. A plaque at the entrance of the District on Anaheim Blvd. makes note of the fact that the District is on the National Register of Historic Places, as well. Today, its offerings reach beyond food and include recreation, entertainment, and more. Following are some of the best places and features in the Packing District to turn your attention to during your visit:
- Ecco Pizzeria is a unique pizza place – in fact, the location in the Packing District is one of three in California (the other two are in Costa Mesa and Irvine). Although you’ve almost surely eaten pizza before, you’ve never eaten a pizza like the pie at Ecco Pizzeria. This Neapolitan pizza is served with imported, fresh ingredients from Italy, but that isn’t the only thing that makes it unique. This pizza takes just two minutes to cook – a rare feat – thanks to 800 degree (Fahrenheit) cooking temps!
- The Pop Bar is always busy, always delicious, and always a delight. It’s exactly as it sounds, too: an ice cream bar that features out-of-this-world toppings, flavors, and more. Here you can get a strawberry or yogurt iced pop on a stick, or even a gelato – and enhance your treat with the toppings of your choice.
- Be sure to check out what’s happening on the Mezzanine Stage during your visit to the Anaheim Packing District! You won’t want to miss the live performances by musical artists of every genre who perform here. Insider’s Tip: These wonderful musicians appreciate your tips!
- If you will be visiting the Anaheim Packing District over the weekend, you’ll want to be sure to ride Polly the Trolley. She runs from noon until 9:00 p.m. Friday through Sunday, and is invaluable for those wanting to skip any parking hassles – the trolley will shuttle visitors to and from parking on Center Street Promenade. The best part is that Polly is free, and runs every 15 minutes.
- Ping pong for life in the Packing District area between the House and the Packard Building. There’s plenty to do as you relax and enjoy the day here, from sitting in the shade to trying your skill at the outdoor ping pong tables at Farmer’s Park.
Whether you visit the Anaheim Packing District during the week or over a weekend, there will be plenty to eat and plenty to enjoy for hours! It’s a great place to relax with friends or go out on a date – just be sure to take advantage of the $3 valet parking, if you’re interested!